Why bother with Halloween themed scratch cards?
Why indeed? It seems like nowadays we are all conscious of saving money, so indulging in seasonal marketing might at first seem like a waste of funds. It’s not. Customers are much more likely to engage with any promotion that is only for a limited amount of time, because it evokes the exclusivity factor.
Furthermore, holidays like Halloween are often not aimed at adults: children go to parties and go trick or treating, whereas adults are lucky if they get some paltry decorations in the workplace. By temporarily refocusing your scratch cards campaigns to provide this sense of seasonal adult fun, you’re tapping into an undernourished but very appreciative market.
If you’re still not convinced, take a look at one key example of Halloween rebranding: the Cadbury’s Screme Egg. Not only did this rebranding allow for an increase of sales during a season where the traditional Eastertime creme egg wasn’t selling well, it became a total talking point – all it needed was some green goo and a cracking pun!
Design ideas for Halloween themed scratch cards
As to the prizes on offer, that’s completely up to you, but we’d always recommend committing to the theme and having Halloween themed decorations under panels, or spooky puns!
As for your main design, we’d encourage you to get as creative as you like! Alongside traditional ghosts, ghouls and pumpkins why not think about some of these daring designs:
- Make the scratch card into a haunted house (which we can easily achieve through our die-cutting technology) and have the scratch off panels as windows.
- Create a pumpkin patch maze, complete with pumpkin overlay on top of your scratch off panels.
- Create a ‘hidden maze’ treasure map, with overlay on top of the panels to ‘hide’ them- that’s two games in one!
If you like the idea of offering a limited time, Halloween promotional scratch card, but aren’t too sure what competition to go with, here’s some of our favourites:
- Guess the name of the ghost – scratch off a panel to see if you’re right!
- Scratch off as you go Halloween bingo! Create an immersive game with your customers or staff – offer panels for ‘mask’, ‘ghost’, ‘candy’ etc and get your team to scratch off as they see the items: like a large, immersive game of I SPY.
- This could also work as a scavenger hunt – scratch off the items you’ve found!
- Create Halloween themed scratch cards, where the panels reveal spooky dares to do at your party!
- Create a casino-style game where you need 3 icons in a row to win! The twist: the icons are delightfully gruesome or gory skulls, ghosts, rats etc.
The possibilities are endless! Order today to get your scratch cards in time for Halloween! If you’re struggling with a complex idea for your Halloween themed scratch card design, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team today.